Under the direction of the Site Supervisor/Project Coordinator, the Skilled Technician is responsible for providing a clean work environment while assisting with material handling and transportation to all job sites in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate workmanship is achieved.
- Supports the Site Supervisor/Project Coordinator and other members of the production team in completing emergency and reconstruction work, within the time estimated.
- Follows the scope of work outlined in the production package by closely monitoring the quality of work being done on the site; tear outs, constructions, installations and clean ups with a minimum of deficiencies.
- May use experience to suggest alternative ways to address or improve construction methods and services while following industry standards. · Support and mentor the training of new crew members as required.
- Assist with ensuring that customers sign off on work authorizations, customer responsibility form, chemical consent form which may include safety data sheets, content disposal agreement, certificate of completions, and all other general paperwork is passed onto PM’s and PMA’s in a timely and organized manner.
- May address questions and concerns from property owner and relay promptly to proper department personnel when necessary.
- Assistance with Electronic Technology Tools: uses cell phone or other electronic devises and mobile apps to; label and upload photos, capture and create panoramic photo tours using Docusketch, and upload other important documentation as required, and ensure it is accessible in DRS.
- Promptly reports any accidents or near accidents using the formal report forms provided.
- Support the Site Supervisor/Project Coordinator by requesting a company purchase order number when ordering material, sub-trade labour, equipment rentals, and other approved expenses.
- Helps to ensure all vendors or suppliers packing slips have the proper job name, number and company purchase order number on receipts for accurate job costing.
- Emergency: mitigate damages; assist emergency team with placing equipment, extracting under water, cutting drywall, demolishing; building, homes, rooms, and other structures as directed or other duties as assigned.
- Completes emergency tear outs in accordance with the insurance carrier guidelines in a safe manner, takes proper moisture readings, document readings, take pictures of damaged areas, locates and marks on floor plan all damages to all areas, as well as assisting with the handling and packing of all contents.
- Set up drying equipment and install proper containment from unaffected areas and contents.
- Rebuild: engage and assist in de-constructing, repairing, cleaning, painting and decorating, walls, floors, ceilings and the like both inside and outside structures and buildings. DKI - R&F Construction Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Please notify us if you require any accomodation during the recruitment process.
Salary: $18.50-$25.00 per hour Benefits: Dental care Employee assistance program Extended health care Life insurance Schedule: Monday to Friday On call Weekends as needed Ability to commute/relocate: Oro-Medonte, ON L3V 0R4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)